Vibrant Tamilnadu – An International Agri & Food Products Expo 2019
Sizeable part of the legacy of Indian food, beverages and food processing industry thrives in Tamilnadu. This expo will show-case varieties of highly innovative value added food products of Tamilnadu as detailed under the section Exhibitors Profile to forge business partnership worldwide.
This Expo will bring together all the stakeholders from “farm to fork” viz. farmers, food processors, manufacturers, traders, exporters and importers – both domestic and international – and consumers to an unique platform to harness the export opportunity of farmers and food processors in Tamilnadu for their foray into national and international markets.
Global importers, buyers and partners from food and beverage industry will gather at the expo and meet selected Tamilnadu suppliers to negotiate their forthcoming procurement deals and private labels.
The Summit on various topics with domestic and global faculty from food industry would enlighten the participants with the latest technological developments/innovations in agriculture, organized food and beverage sector, food processing, packaging, logistics, cold chain, cold storage and warehousing, branding and related subjects coupled with the advanced production practices, preservation and marketing tactics and enable them to find solutions for the challenges faced by food processing industry.
This food expo and summit shall result in further accelerating the growth of food processing industries in Tamilnadu and increasing the quantum of export of food products from Tamilnadu and also sustaining its speed and growth with the handholding approach of the “Grains Yard” and partnering organizations to make Tamilnadu more VIBRANT in this sector.
UNIQUENESS OF THIS EXPO:
Unlike other fairs of meeting and parting, the organizers of this Expo will ensure follow up hand holding guidance to the participants to hit the target for sustained growth in marketing their products in the domestic as well as international markets and make necessary representations to the concerned to overcome the hurdles, if any, and that is the uniqueness of our Expo. In VIBRANT TAMILNADU relationships continue for prosperity.
Mr. K.Thiruppathi Rajan
MENTOR - ADMIN
Mr. V.Neethi Mohan
MENTOR - TECH
Tamilnadu is a leading producer across several food crops in India as of 2017
Tamilnadu is a leading producer across several horticultural crops in India as of 2017
Tamilnadu is one of the largest producers of cash crops (coffee, tea, cocoa, sugar cane, oil seeds, oil palms, rubber trees, coconuts), fruits, vegetables, flowers and spices across India as of 2017
Highest quantity of food exports from Tamilnadu’s ports as of 2017: Food products exported in large quantities. (In 10,000 metric tons)
Highest quantity of food exports from Tamilnadu’s ports as of 2017: Food products exported in medium-scale quantities (In metric tons)
Highest quantity of food exports from Tamilnadu’s ports as of 2017: Food products exported in small-scale quantities. (In metric tons)
Highest value of food exports from Tamilnadu’s ports as of 2017: Revenue generated through large and medium-scale product exports from Tamilnadu. (In US$ millions)
Highest value of food exports from Tamilnadu’s ports as of 2017: Revenue generated through small-scale product exports from Tamilnadu. (In US$ millions)
- Amway India Enterprises Pvt. Ltd, the Indian arm of Michigan-based $10.8-billion direct-selling firm Amway Corp., announced the inauguration of its first factory in India in 2015.
- The Rs.550 crore facility in Tamil Nadu, which was inaugurated by the then chief minister J. Jayalalithaa, is the third factory of the American firm located outside the US.
- Amway’s plant in Chennai, Tamilnadu has enabled it to explore launching India specific products and increased the company’s ability to source locally.
- In India, the Government is striving to develop special economic zones (SEZs) for agro-processing sector and CCCL Pearlcity Food Port SEZ Limited, Chennai, Tamilnadu http://www.pearlcityfoodport.com/index.php is one such example.
- Across India, Tamilnadu has the second largest number of registered food processing factories.
- Under “Make in India Project” NIFTEM (National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management) proposes to establish National Centre for Indian Traditional Foods at NIFTEM campus to conduct study on Indian traditional foods to promote globalization of these foods and capture the global food market. Eleven recipes have been selected under Make in India project, which include the famous Vadas from Tamilnadu.